Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Catch you later Ireland!


It is a bittersweet emotion sitting here with less than 10 days left on my exchange. Of course I have missed my friends and home, but I have also had a great time being in Ireland and have got new friends here as well.
I have learnt a lot while being here. It is a whole different culture which I have enjoyed immensely to explore; seeing the beautiful nature, visiting historical places and meeting the people.

The Montessori School has taught me a great deal as well. It has opened my eyes to a totally different way of teaching; one that I hadn’t imagined could work, but however it worked very well and children that I would have thought were too young to be in school knew both how to read and write and some of them were even better at Geography than I am.

This has been a great experience for me and I’m sure that it will be very useful for me in the future.
Although there are some conflicts between what I have learned back home at Blaagaard/KDAS and what I have learnt at St. Nicholas Montessori College, I am sure that I can use parts of the Montessori method in whatever classroom I end up in which will have great gain for the pupils.

I have hopes to come back to Ireland at one point to live, if only for a couple of years and I’m strongly considering spending a year, studying a high diploma in Montessori Primary teaching when I finish Teaching College.
Now we will see what time brings.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Elin,
    It is wonderful that you have gained so much from your stay in Ireland and getting acquanted with the Montessori system. You can find this in other countries too.
    What are the conflicts between Montessori and what you learn at Blaagaard-KDAS? I am really curious to hear about that.
    Best,
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete